Minggu, 11 Mei 2014

A good dog crate for my puppy...?




German she


I'm looking for a good, cheap dog crate for my puppy. It needs to be at least 36" long. Where are some good cheap places to get dog crates?

I've tried amazon, ebay, petsmart, petco, and my local stores. Any other ideas?
Links would be helpful.



Answer
We got ours from Wal-Mart and it's great. Heavy duty plastic with a stainless steel door. It's huge. We put our lab on there when it's stormy (it calms her down) and you could easily fit a great Dane in there. I don't remember it costing more than $50

Is there such thing as an industrial strength dog crate?




Sassy Shib


I posted a question a couple of weeks ago asking what crate would be best for my separation anxiety ridden dog who BENT HER WAY out of her metal crate while I was at work. The question specifically pertained to durable plastic crates (like the airline approved ones) but now wonder whether that would be the best way to contain her. Some people mentioned an "industrial strength crate", but there's no link even close to it when I Google it. She got out of those black metal ones (for a 50 pound dog, she is surprisingly strong when she wants something done). Is there one even more harcore than that?

I'm getting desperate. She is currently tethered to the couch leg while I find a solution for the poor thing, but I do get tired of cleaning up after she soils the carpet in her anxious state.

I need something that will keep her (and my carpets!) safe from harm. It needs to be, essentially, indestructible. Is there such a crate? Does a miracle like that exist?
Oregano - OUCH! That price is painful. Of course, if that's all that will work, that's all that will work...
Isis - How lucky are YOU? Wish people would leave that crap lying around our roads, ha.
hooptidoo2 - She is spayed, and about 1.5 years of age. I got her about 5 months ago from a local no kill shelter, so have no idea of her past. She is a hound mix.

The "gradually building up time apart" is a good thought and I did that with her the first couple of months - but she never had an issue with 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, even an hour...she almost seems to instinctively realize when she's being tethered (or crated, as it used to be) for 30 minutes or 6-8 hours. It's eerie. It's a great idea and I continue to work in that way, but she seems to recognize that I'm coming back shortly. Or maybe she just doesn't have enough time to do the damage she does when left for longer, I don't know.



Answer
Gorilla Tough® Classic Square Back Cage

This cage will stand up to the wear and tear it receives from exertive dogs; yet it is the perfect choice for housebreaking a puppy. Heavy-duty, 6-gauge welded steel wire, closely spaced at 1-1/4 inches apart, gives this cage its extra strength and stability. Front access door with cam lock is easy on your fingers but will check your dog in his efforts to escape.

HEAVY DUTY FOLDING PLASTIC DOG CRATES

these are the toughest I have found.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: A good dog crate for my puppy...?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 komentar:

  1. Owning a dog stroller can make life simple to the owner and the pet. A Dogs Stroller will be the perfect alternative for traveling outside in public with your pet. All you really need to do to find the right one for your dog is to search online. Many results will show up for online pet stores and personal sellers that carry strollers.

    BalasHapus